It’s a start to some sense of a potential season.
New regulations announced May 7th:
For French territorial waters, from May 11th – June 1st (then there will be a new phase), in order to contain / restrict the spread of the virus;
– vessels to cruise no more than 54 nautical miles from home port (aprox 100 km)
– no more than 10 passengers onboard
– calls to ports, and/or dis/embarking of passengers must comply with health and safety measures on land
– yachts coming from outside Schengen area, are for the most part still prohibited
* See specific rules and regulations in pdf
- The above is a quick translation and summary. It is advisable to check all rules and regulations.
There are still many items not clear. As we get more official updates, we will upload news relevant to yachting and the movement of vessels here.
What is clear – in order to assure we can all get back to work, and have a season, we must ALL play our role stopping the spread of the virus (for politicians it is down to numbers!)