Title: Assistant Yacht Charter Broker
Period: 6-12 months (must be in office during May through August)
Position Type: Paid Internship
Assistant Charter Broker Internship – Role Overview
Work in a quickly growing SME specialising in luxury yacht charter, in the heart of the French Riviera in Cannes. Support a growing team of English speaking yacht charter brokers, developing a diverse and widely applicable skill set in a really exciting, unique and growing luxury industry.
As a yacht charter assistant you will focus on business administration, sales to HNWIs, B2B and B2C relationship development and logistical planning, taking real responsibility in an environment that champions passion, energy and attention to detail.
If you are excited and driven by growth and match the following brief, we would love to hear from you!
For this internship in the yachting industry, you must be;
- Studying an undergraduate or master degree
- Passionate – at 212 Yachts we are passionate about what we do, from the small tasks to the largest proposals. You are passionate, take immense pride in your work and get excited by stellar results.
- Excellent at communicating, assessing and adapting your communication style to the recipient
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Detail oriented, highly organised and consistent
- Efficient and amicable under pressure
- A team player – you will be working closely with a charter broker, in addition to CEO and other team members
- Excited to earn increasing responsibilities
- Strategically oriented, with the ability to detect future opportunities and avenues for growth
- Able to work efficiently independently
Not essential, but a bonus if you have;
- Past experience of luxury / travel / rental or complementary industries
- Interest in yachting / boating
- Experience with Adobe photoshop / design
- Experience with and interest in digital channels, including social media, SEO, mailchimp (or other), CRM systems
- Language competencies
Your Responsibilities as a Yacht Charter Broker Assistant will include;
- Liaising daily with the yacht charter broker to report on existing projects and delegate new tasks
- Completing industry standard contracts
- Liaising with partners/suppliers to facilitate booking and logistic management
- Liaising with high-end clientele pre and post booking online / via phone / face-to-face
- Liaising with yacht crew to discuss and coordinate logistics associated with yacht charter
- Assisting the charter broker with the efficient management of their calendar
- Accompanying the charter broker to yacht viewings, yacht shows (Cannes, Monaco etc) and client meetings where appropriate
- Researching destinations and compiling bespoke travel itineraries
- Managing the sales process
- Using CRM software as a sales tool
- Screening and managing incoming phone-calls and emails
- Additional tasks based on your skill set and passions
To apply for this internship, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, using subject line ‘Assistant Charter Broker Intern’ + your available dates.
Students are paid the standard French monthly intern rate. A supplementary income is usually also required.