Best known for its vibrant nightlife and captivating culture, Ibiza is a true paradise for holiday-makers. Ibiza spends the Summer months pulsating with the seasonal sounds of live music and dancing feet. Despite it’s reputation, The White Isle is so much more than a party-paradise. Away from the clubs, Ibiza yacht charters offer the chance to relax and explore to a backdrop that is all but cinematic. Bathe in the glow of glorious sun-sets, immerse yourself in healing mud baths, frequent boutique outlets, hop from island to island and delve into a rich historical past. There are more reasons than are worth counting as to why Ibiza is quickly becoming one of the most popular Mediterranean yacht charter destinations.
Ibiza Yacht Charters: When to Go and How to Get There
Book perfect Ibiza yacht charters for July or August, to enjoy the island in it’s high season glory. Temperatures range from mid twenties to mid thirties. Rainfall is at a minimum and the Mediterranean is calm and a cool twenty-six degrees. Ibiza is at its busiest during these months, so reservations are advised for clubs and restaurants. And selecting your charter yacht early is recommended.
To avoid the hustle and bustle of Summer, visit the island in May, June or September. The weather remains attractive and all of the treats that Ibiza offers remain open for business. Book Ibiza yacht charters for these months, and low season rates may apply. This will allow you some extra cash to spend on fresh seafood and cocktails or in the enchanting boutiques that litter the island.
Travelling to Ibiza is easy and hassle free. Ibiza Airport is located just 7km from Ibiza town. 95% of the island’s visitors arrive via this airport, served by many airlines ensuring your Ibiza yacht charter is relaxing from the get-go. Travel by taxi to Ibiza Town, where most charter yachts wait for guests in the newly developed Marina Botafoch.
Top Things to Do and See on Ibiza Yacht Charters
- Es Vedra: this 400m high limestone island is a popular protagonist in ancient mythology. It’s believed to be the home of the sirens that tried to lure Ulysses from his ship in Homer’s Odyssey. Make a wish when the stunning island comes into view, and offer a salute when you leave to ensure a welcomed return. A must see on all Ibiza yacht charters. For the adventurers among us, spend an afternoon attempting to find the nearby cave of Atlantis. The location of this cave is a closely guarded secret by the locals. However, the lucky few who have found the entrance speak fondly of a spiritual and idyllic setting well worth the challenge.
- Illa de Tagomago, a private island lying off of the East coast of Ibiza. Tagomago is a favorite among the A-list elite (if it’s good enough for Cristiano Ronaldo…). A secluded villa with staff of 9 is located on the island, with a stunning swimming pool and bar reserved for the villa’s occupiers. The perfect weekend getaway after a busy week of island hopping on your Ibiza yacht charter? We think so.
- San Antonio Sunsets and Nightlife: visit the port of San Antonio to enjoy the gorgeous Ibiza sunset and the famed nightlife. Popular beach clubs in the San Antonio region include Café del Mar, Kumharas and Sunset Ashram. Visit in August during the Fiesta of Saint Bartholomew to enjoy a spectacular fireworks display and an even-livelier-than-normal atmosphere in the resort.
Explore Ibiza’s Natural Beauty
- Snorkeling: Famed for its crystal clear waters and magical marine life, Ibiza yacht charters benefit from some of the best snorkeling conditions in the Mediterranean. For calm waters and rocky seas beds, visit Aguas Blancas on the North shore or Cala Conta to the South of San Antonio. For more dramatic rock and cliff formations, visit Cala Xarraca near Portinatx or Punta Galera to the West. Both of these locations are simply breathtaking.
- Climb Sa Talaiassa: The highest mountain on Ibiza at 475m. The peak of this impressive structure offers staggering panoramic views of the island. Just a 1-hour climb from the village of Saint Joseph, conquering the largest mountain on the island is easier than it sounds. This adventure is well worth a couple of hours away from your private yacht, with immaculate views and bragging rights to be won!
- Dalt Vila: The medieval quarter of Ibiza Town, Dalt Vila is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a highlight of Ibiza’s capital. Enter the old town through the impressive drawbridge and quickly get lost in the enchanting cobbled streets that snake upwards towards the Cathedral and castle. Noteworthy stops include the Museum of Contemporary Art and archaeological museum, offering some insight into the region’s past and present.
Picturesque Scenery and Beautiful Sunsets
- Puig Missa: The teetering town looks over the Mediterranean from its lofty on the Southeast coast of Ibiza. The church and watchtower date back to the 16th century. Back then measures were taken to protect inhabitants from attacking pirates. Now the impressive settlement can be reached by foot. The challenging climb is rewarded with picturesque views of the scenery below. Reward yourself with a cocktail in nearby Nikki Beach before returning to your charter yacht for a well-earned rest.
- Formentera: 3 nautical miles south of mainland Ibiza is Formentera. This island is a dramatic contrast to the lively White Isle. Accessible only by yacht or boat and largely untouched by modern development. The largest town Sant Francesc Xavier is in fact a small village, and travel on the island is limited to bicycles and scooters. This uber-relaxed island is famed for its tranquil (and nudist) beaches with the largest beach Playa Mitjorn to the South. It also has wildlife-rich salt pans, the El Pilar de la Mola artisan market, Juan Y Andrea seafood restaurant and a series of surreal bars. Pirata Bus is a personal favorite, hosted by a once abandoned bus, and proudly flying a pirate flag above its roof. The island is a unique and refreshing look at laid back island living.
- Es Palmador: this uninhabited island lies between Ibiza and Formentera. A worthy inclusion on an Ibiza yacht rental vacation, with relaxing mud-baths and unspoiled beaches. Accessible only by water, the crowds associated with Ibiza town stay away from this Balearic paradise.
The Best Restaurants in Ibiza
Ibiza hosts some incredible restaurants, boasting local and exotic tastes in some of the most memorable settings found around the globe. If you are a lover of food, an Ibiza yacht charter is simply perfect for your. If you aren’t already a foody, experiencing a yacht vacation in Ibiza may just be the trip to transform your gastronomical outlook. The following are some of our favorite restaurants in Ibiza to enjoy on your yacht charter.
- Amante Ibiza: this secluded restaurant is nestled in the Cala Sol Den Serra, with every table boasting a sea view. Once the sun sets, illuminated cliff faces and the gentle lapping of the sea add to the romantic ambiance. Reserve the extra-special and secluded Balinese Hut for an unforgettable dining experience, complete with exclusive menu and dedicated waiting staff. Specialties include fresh seafood, traditional rice dishes and hearty salads, prepared from organic ingredients grown on-site.
- Bambuddah: a truly unique restaurant, Bamduddah serves MediterrAsian™ cuisine in a therapeutic oriental setting. Bamboo roofs and interesting statues create a sense of authenticity, while aperitifs at the Tantra Cocktail Palace ensure a happy welcome to the venue. The papaya salad and 24-hour slow roasted lamb are standout options on the menu.
- Can Domingo: this garden restaurant sits peacefully in the hills of San Jose. The Italian menu on offer is simply divine, with only the finest ingredients used. Vegetarian and vegan options are available, with organic ingredients from the on-site garden. The Italian restaurant is complemented by specially imported Italian red wines and French champagnes. To top it off, the house jazz band plays every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday during high Summer.
Unique and Idyllic Restaurant Hotspots
- KM5 Lounge: restaurant, lounge garden, sushi bar, cocktail bar and nightclub in one, KM5 has it all. A series of diverse and enchanting venues connected by winding paths, the KM5 Lounge creates an unforgettable entertainment experience. Cuisine is top-notch, with beef flown in from Argentina and Nikkei cuisine crafted to exceptional standard. And the extensive selection of cocktails and settings to enjoy them in do not disappoint.
- La Dispensa: a unique restaurant designed with contrast in mind, La Dispensa combines rustic charm with chic style in it’s idyllic setting in the main square of the Dalt Vila. With a menu that offers traditional Italian dishes alongside paella, La Dispensa is an interesting and memorable dining experience.
- La Gaia at the Ibiza Gran Hotel: for ultra-luxury and super-chic dining, make a reservation at La Gaia. Head Chef Oscar Molina is a master of the popular Nikkei style of cuisine, and the setting is as impressive as what’s on the plate. If you’re looking to impress yacht charter guests or VIP clients, La Gaia is the place to be. Make sure to visit the on-site Gin & Vodka club after dinner.
- Sa Capella: the well-known restaurant has been in its 400 year old chapel setting for some-time, and it’s reputation remains as strong as ever. Located in the San Jose hills, Sa Capella is one of the most romantic settings on the island (no easy feat), with a sunset facing terrace and atmospheric main dining hall. The restaurant regularly hosts weddings, contributing to it’s romantic ambiance. Ibiza yacht charters are definitely made a little bit more special with a meal here!
Popular Beach Clubs to Enjoy on Ibiza Yacht Charters
Nothing beats a Mediterranean Summer vacation like relaxing or sipping a cocktail in a beach club. Ibiza is no stranger to the beach club, with plenty of exciting and diverse clubs to choose from on Ibiza yacht charters.
- Nikki Beach: based in Santa Eulalia, Nikki Beach Ibiza offers the five-star beach club experience associated with the name world wide. Enjoy fresh seafood, exotic cocktails and live music in the chic Nikki Beach setting.
- Sunset Ashram: love a dramatic sunset? What about sweet cocktails? A fan of music too? Then Sunset Ashram might just be the Ibiza beach club for you. Located near to San Antonio, this beach club is the perfect setting to dine as the sunsets, before partying until it rises again.
- Kumharas: this hippy-chic beach club near San Antonio offers the spectacular sunsets famous in the region. Coupled with bohemian décor and a stylish following to match.
Explore World Famous Beaches
- Café del Mar: one of the most well-known beach clubs in the resort of San Antonio. Café del Mar is famous not only for it’s attractive setting and cocktails, but also for it’s easy listening record label. The perfect location to enjoy the August firework displays during the Fiesta of St. Bartholomew.
- Blue Marlin: this VIP hotspot in Cala Jondal showcases the oh-so attractive combination of glam and beach club style. With techno and house DJ guest spots attracting the biggest and best DJs from around the world, Blue Marlin is the perfect beach club to visit on your Ibiza yachting vacation to dance the night away. The club offers a tender service, which is regularly used by the VIP guests that drop anchor in the bay and frequent the club. Blue Marlin has recently opened a second Ibiza venue in the Marina Botafoch. Also delivering their quality cuisine to the yachts in the vicinity there.
- Ushuaïa: located on the famous Playa D’en Bossa, Ushuaïa is one of the more famous beach clubs in Ibiza. A stone’s throw from the infamous Space nightclub, Ushuaïa offers the chance to experience Ibiza nightlife to the fullest. The venue hosts huge pool parties, hosted by the world’s biggest names in club music. VIP tables can be booked from €300 per person.
- Nassau: based at the end of Playa D’en Bossa, Nassau offers beautiful ocean views, fine dining, live music and a great drinks menu served in a refined yet fun package. A great beach club for yacht charter guests of all ages, located very close to Ibiza Town.
Where to Party on Your Ibiza Yacht Vacation
Ibiza boasts Europe’s most famous party scene, with a nightlife that is hard to beat. Clubs vary in size, style and exclusivity. However, you can be sure to find your dream club within the island’s impressive selection. Household names include Amnesia, Pacha, Ushuaïa, Privilege and the new STK in Marina Botafoch. With the world’s biggest names in club music regularly doing sets in these venues. To enjoy the Ibiza club experience to the fullest, booking a VIP table in advance is the best option. Prices typically start at €250 to €300 per person.
Shopping in Ibiza
From artisan boutiques to quirky gift stores, galleries to fashion houses, Ibiza offers a complete shopping experience. Take to the streets to pick up the perfect souvenirs from your Ibiza yacht charter. And enjoy the shopping experience that the island offers. Unique shopping destinations include the colorful Las Dalias Hippy Market near Es Canar on the South East of the island. Also visit the summery boutiques that line the Playa D’en Bossa. Or discover the bold home décor shops of Santa Eulària. And explore the diverse array of offerings located in the capital of Ibiza Town. Traditional souvenirs include handcrafted leather sandals and finely woven baskets.
Discover the best Ibiza shops
- Campos de Ibiza: A perfumery in Marina Botafoch, this sensual store is the perfect shop to select your evening’s scent before leaving your charter yacht to enjoy the nightlife.
- Victoria Deny: Having left Milan for the laid back glamor of Ibiza, the Victoria Deny flag ship store in Ibiza Town sells the best jewelry the in-designer has to offer.
- Mayurka: A one-stop shop for designer brands, this store has rapidly become the go-to for fashion brands on the island.
- B.Ones: Specialists in flowing, white cotton garments that scream Mediterranean Summer. The ideal store to select your outfit for the White Party hosted annually by Nikki Beach.
- Moi & Toi: Contemporary and vibrant, Moi & Toi offers children’s wear and accessories for the fashionable dog. Inspiring individualism in a remarkable way, this store is well worth a look.
- Majoral: With a store in Ibiza Town and on Formentera, this father and son team is silver and goldsmith royalty in Spain. Creating bespoke jewelry that tells a story. A piece from Majoral is the perfect gift to pick up for a special someone from your Spanish yacht charter.
- Es Cucons La Tienda: Located in the in-land town of Es Cucons, this store is a real wonder. Catering to men, women and children, vibrant Spanish clothing and accessories are available in a captivating display. A really fun shopping experience for everyone, whether you are looking for espadrilles, a leather satchel, a fine scarf or a new leather jacket.
Finding the Perfect Yacht for your Ibiza Yacht Holiday
Finding the perfect yacht can be a daunting task, with hundreds of options to choose from. 212 Yachts will work closely with you, to make this process exciting and stress free. Contact our team with any details you currently have about your Ibiza yachting vacation. From number of guests, length of holiday, and any other important you would like us to know. Our team will promptly send you a selection of yachts that match your preferences. With your feedback, we will narrow down the selection of yachts, until we find the perfect yacht for your Ibiza yacht charter.
It is best to start the planning process months before Ibiza yacht charters, so as to maximize available options. However, we also work tirelessly on last minute requests to ensure you have access to the best yachts available. For a detailed explanation of costs associated with a yacht charter, click here.
We look forward to helping you make memories that will last a lifetime with an Ibiza yacht charter!