Title: Assistant Boat Charter Manager
Period: 6-12 months (must be in office during May through August)
Position Type: Paid Internship
Assistant Boat Charter Manager Role – Overview
Work in a quickly growing SME specialising in luxury boat rental and yacht charter, in the heart of the French Riviera in Cannes. With consistent double digit growth, an expanding portfolio of HNWI clientele, growing online presence and increasingly ambitious strategies, an assistant to the charter manager with passion, energy and a hunger for growth is needed.
As assistant boat charter manager, you will focus on business administration, sales to HNWIs, B2B and B2C relationship development and logistical planning, taking real responsibility in an environment that champions passion, energy and attention to detail. You will develop a diverse and widely applicable skill set in a really exciting, unique and growing luxury industry.
If you are excited and driven by growth and match the following brief, we would love to hear from you!
For this internship in the yacht charter industry, you must be;
- Studying an undergraduate or master degree
- Passionate – at 212 Yachts we are passionate about what we do, from the small tasks to the largest proposals. You are passionate, take immense pride in your work and get excited by stellar results.
- Excellent at communicating, assessing and adapting your communication style to the recipient
- Fluent in written and spoken English, intermediate French minimum
- Detail oriented, highly organised and consistent
- Efficient and amicable under pressure
- A team player – you will be working closely with a charter broker, in addition to CEO and other team members
- Excited to earn increasing responsibilities
- Strategically oriented, with the ability to detect future opportunities and avenues for growth
- Able to work efficiently independently
Not essential, but a bonus if you have;
- Past experience of luxury / travel / rental or complementary industries
- Interest in yachting / boating
- Experience with Adobe photoshop / design
- Experience with and interest in digital channels, including social media, SEO, mailchimp (or other), CRM systems
Your responsibilities will include;
- Assisting with the management of a fleet of luxury rental boats
- Assisting with the general upkeep of boats when needed (quality inspections, cleaning, washing towels, stocking provisions etc)
- Screening and managing incoming phone-calls and email
- Managing the sales process for select clients, beating targets
- Managing a busy booking calendar
- Completing and sending contracts / payment links / necessary documents
- Using CRM software as a sales tool
- Liaising daily with the charter manager to report on existing projects and delegate new tasks
- Liaising with captains to manage logistics associated with boat rental
- Liaising with high-end clientele pre and post booking online / via phone / face-to-face
- Encouraging repeat business and favourable word of mouth
- Additional tasks based on your skill set and passions
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using subject line ‘Assistant Boat Charter Manager Intern’ + your available dates.
Students are paid the standard French monthly intern rate. A supplementary income is usually also required.