Wrapped with an almost 2,000-kilometer coastline and decorated with a mountainous interior, Sardinia is one of the mystical places in Italy, compounded by the presence of nuraghi or those mysterious stone ruins that are shaped like beehives and have been in existence since as early as 1500 BC. Sardinia’s rugged yet charming landscape captures the eyes of backpackers and adventure seekers, both locals, and tourists.
If you want to feel like one of the Hollywood personalities, sail and visit Sardinia in the summer months when celebrities flock to this place to enjoy the sandy beaches and romantic rock formations all over the region. However, if you just want to escape the bustling city life and enjoy the serenity of this ancient place, you can cruise across the Mediterranean with your luxury yacht charter during the offseason!
Don’t miss the following places and explore Sardinia in your luxury yacht cruise!
1. Costa Smeralda (Emerald Coast) – Experience the emerald water, rough coasts, secluded bays, wind-sculpted rock formations, and white-sand beaches within the pinkish granite landscape in the northern part of Sardinia. Aside from this, Costa Smeralda is famous because of Porto Cervo, which is set as its gemstone, what with it being the melting pot of various culture and ancient traditions. It also holds a colorful and joyful nightlife.
2. Maddalena Archipelago – Located in the north-western part of Sardinia, this gorgeous archipelago consists of seven major islands – La Maddalena, Budelli, Caprera, Santo Stefano, Santa Maria, Razzoli, and Spargi – as well as other smaller islands surrounding the greater land mass. The archipelago has been declared a National Park and is now one of the most beautiful impeccable places in Sardinia. Sailing on your luxury yacht can never be as awesome as you explore the whole pristine place.
3. Isola Rossa – located in the north-western part of Sardinia, this friendly fishing village on the Gulf of Asinara became famous because of its half-moon-shaped coast with sparkling clear water, and the fishing traditions of the place where tourists are welcomed with the sumptuous fish dishes. You can make your summer luxury yacht holiday extra special with the surfing enthusiasts in the place.
4. Cagliari – This is the southern port of Sardinia and is the region’s capital, as well as the largest city. Through time, Cagliari has been shaped by the maritime traditions of Sardinia. At its front is the Via Roma, which is dotted with boutiques, shops, cafes, and bars, open all day and all night. If you want to enjoy the night in southern Sardinia, you can sail to the famous Poetto Beach, which is the liveliest place during summer.
5. Pula – This colorful and friendly town in the south-western part of Sardinia consists of shops, restaurants, cafe bars, and gelaterias. With the ancient archaeological ruins of the coastal bay of Nora and the presence of temples, baths, and ancient-themed mosaic floors, Pula is considered one of the representatives of Sardinia’s Roman-influenced provincial city.
Make your luxury yacht charter holiday to Sardinia memorable with 212 Yachts!
Planning and threading your way through the Mediterranean toward Sardinia can be tricky,especially if you want to spend the holiday in the ocean. However, when you call the right people, everything will be as easy as pie. At 212 Yachts, we got the best professional brokers to help you plan your luxury yacht charter to Sardinia. We also have the most reliable skippers and crew to assist you and make your trip memorable!